Ellen Barker is entering her fourth season as the head coach of the Adrian College Acrobatics and Tumbling program in the 2019-20 academic year.
In 2019 the team had its best year under Barker, going 4-3 in meets. The team started out the year with a comeback victory over Concordia-Wisconsin, the first time the Bulldogs have beaten the Falcons in program history. AC continued to improve as the year went on, setting new high scores under Barker in almost every meet. Although the team lost to Concordia-Wisconsin to end the season, the Black and Gold scored 241.090 points, the first time they've broken the 240-point threshold under Barker's direction.
PRIOR TO ADRIAN
• Was a member of the acrobatics and tumbling team at NCAA Division II Azuza Pacific University in California where she graduated in 2016 with a bachelor’s degree of arts in cinematic arts.
• Earned two event national titles in duo tumbling and the flipping pyramid in 2014.
• Team captain in 2015-16 at Azuza Pacific.
• She attended Davenport University for two years, participating on the competitive cheer team. Barker helped the Panthers claim the National Cheerleaders’ Association All-Girl III National Championship and was named an NCA All-American.
• Has worked for Maxathletics Summer Camp every June since 2011 where she has coached high school cheerleaders in tumbling and stunts and basic body positions.
• Started her athletic career as a gymnast at Great Lake Gymnastics Club and Red Cedar Gymnastics in Lansing, Michigan from 1995-2008. She was a Levels 5-7 top-10 ranked state finalist and 2008 prep-optional state champion in the Gold Division.